Liability Coverages
Liability policies are available in all U.S. states except Washington, Alaska and Hawaii.

Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view/print all forms.
(Download Adobe Acrobat Reader - Free )

Liability Coverages Explained

Click on titles to view/print applications.

Liability policies are designed to help protect you if you are sued by a third party who is injured or whose property is damaged. A third party is generally someone who is not a family member or an employee. If you have employees, you should obtain workman's compensation insurance or employer's liability coverage. Also make sure that any contractors or vendors that you work with show you proof of their own liability insurance.

Coverage provides for defense costs as well as pays claims for which you are legally liable up to the policy limits. The following annual policy limits are available:

jump $300,000 jump $500,000 jump$1,000,000

Double and triple annual aggregates are also available. Excess limits are available from $1 million to $5 million over commercial liability policies.

Types of Policies

Equine Personal Liability (Not available in New Hampshire)
In the event your personal horse injures a third party or damages their property, this policy provides coverage for defense fees and pays claims for which you are legally liable during the policy period.

This coverage is available as a stand-alone coverage or as an addition to your CGL policy.

Equine Personal Liability Wording

Driving Horse Personal Liability Supplemental Application
Required if any horses are used for driving, pulling, or work.

Equine Commercial General Liability Coverage
This coverage is very important if you perform any commercial equestrian activities such as boarding, instruction, training, breeding, buying and selling horses, etc.

Coverage can be extended to provide on premises coverage for independent trainers or instructors while acting within the scope of their duties at your operation.

Instructor and Trainer Coverage This coverage is tailored to the independent trainer and instructor. Coverages include riding instruction, training, Day Camps, Horse Sales, Judging, and CCC.

This is the same coverage provided by the Commercial General Liability policy but should be used for those who do not have any exposure related to boarding or breeding of horses

Equine Professional Liability Coverage Provides coverage for claims and defense fees resulting from any negligent act, error or omission arising from your professional equestrian activities. Coverage is available as an addition to your CGL policy.

Care, Custody & Control (CCC) (Not available as a stand-alone policy in New Hampshire)
Consider this coverage if you board, train or breed horses for others. If one of those horses is injured or dies while in your care and you are found negligent, this policy will provide for the medical care or replacement cost of the horse up to the policy limits. Defense costs are also covered.

Trailering is automatically included in this coverage for up to a 100-mile radius from your facility with additional transit coverage for the continental U.S. and Canada available.

Policy limits are on a per horse/per year basis. Coverage can be written as a part of your CGL policy or on a stand-alone basis.

Equine Clubs and Associations
Equine member organizations wishing to protect themselves can obtain this liability coverage. The basic policy provides coverage for up to seven public event days during the year, with coverage for additional days available. This coverage helps to protect your group if you are faced with a lawsuit by a third party. Defense fees as well as property damage and/or bodily injury are covered.

Equine Event Coverage
This coverage is available for individual horse shows, equestrian events, or clinics. Coverage is provided for the actual event days and includes days for both setup and takedown.

FAQs About Liability Coverages

Liability Applications

Please click here for forms related to Liability Application
Liability policies are available in all U.S. states except Alaska and Hawaii.

Hallmark Equine Insurance Agency, Inc.
2175 Point Boulevard • Suite 185 • Elgin, IL 60123
(800) 734-0598 • (847) 844-8419 • Fax: (847) 844-8284
Home | Coverages For Your Horse | Liability Coverages | Farm Coverages | Forms | Mortality Quote | Liabity/Farm Quote
| FAQs For Horse Owners | FAQs About Liability Coverages | FAQs About Farm Coverages | Hallmark Horses | Links | Request A Policy Change | Make a Payment
Copyright © 2010 - Hallmark Equine Insurance Agency. All rights reserved / Terms and Conditions